Sunday, May 9, 2010

Portrait Study


Last trimester I joined a little portrait group of four people where we all take turns to sit for each other for portraits on the weekends. I was the first one to sit for 15h. So somewhere out there, there are 3 portraits of me circulating. Chris was the second to sit and this is the result. 15h isn't really that much so I'm quite happy with the result, since I think it looks quite like Chris. I still think sculpting portraits are such a humbling experience though....solely since it's rock hard :)

2 comments:

  1. 15 hours? That's some patient modeling by you and your friends!

    Loving the head though (I'd be interested to see the one of you!)

    Hope you're still having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom :)

    Yeah those 15h weren't the most fun I've ever had, but luckily I could listen to music or audio books. I seriously don't know how full figure models stand for so long without anything to listen to. But sitting for each other makes it a whole lot cheaper than paying for models.

    It was quite fun seeing portraits of yourself as they were forming though. My three friends seemed to all capture different things about me....one thing I noticed was that they all seem to think I have a tiny nose. I've never really thought of that. But I guess finding out that you have a tiny nose is better than finding out that everyone thinks you have massive ears or similar ;)

    ReplyDelete