Saturday, April 24, 2010

Charcoal drawings - second trimester


In my second trimester here at the FAA we started drawing 5 week poses (approx 75h) in charcoal instead of the previous 3 weeks. This allowed me to get further with the values of these drawings which has been great fun.

For my first drawing of Laura I had a spot in the drawing room with a lot of clearly defined shadow and light shapes which I find allows you to make a dramatic light effect in your drawing. For my second drawing of Alberto however I was having a much more difficult spot in the room. I had a lot of flat light, almost no shadow shapes, because of the dynamic pose the balancing leg and the arm were moving a lot and I had a 3/4 portrait which I find very difficult. So basically....I found this second drawing to be rock hard, but I was still enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment