Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Third trimester!

I still have a few pencil drawings from my second trimester that I want to post...but I'll have to get them properly scanned first, so they will have to come later.

Anyway....I've started my 3rd and last trimester here at the Florence Academy of Art! The curriculum for this trimester is: Two 5 week poses in the drawing program and one 3 week, one 5 week pose with two 1 week quick poses as warm up in the beginning in the sculpture program.

Our first model for the 5 week charcoal drawing is called Claudia and she is a very good and experienced model. She happened to be away for a few days of the first "warm up" week before we actually set the long pose though, so we got the opportunity to do a short and smaller charcoal drawing of a male model. I haven't done a charcoal study this size before (it's about 40cm high) and it was so much fun. The point of these smaller and shorter drawings is to treat it as a pencil drawing in charcoal, rather than a proper charcoal drawing. This means that you don't put any background in and you keep to one shadow value without half tones, but with transitions and accents. I really hope we will be able to do another one of these this term since it was so much fun.(3days - 9h)

2 comments:

  1. Great work Marie - I really like the two longer charcoal drawings.

    Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally onto work I haven't seen before ;)

    ReplyDelete